Duration: Preferable 8 weeks. Exceptions can be made in specific cases.
Internships at Centre for Financial Accountability (CFA) provide a unique intersectional learning approach with a focus on financial institutions and their accountability. Internships at CFA are at two levels:
i) for young scholars/ students, and
ii) professionals to enhance their knowledge and understanding in the field of national and international finance with a focus on energy and infrastructure sectors.
CFA engages in critical analysis, monitoring and critique of the role of financial institutions – national and international, and their impact on development, human rights and the environment, amongst other areas. CFA primarily focuses on India, partnering with a range of civil society groups, social movements and community groups and trying to ensure that financial institutions are transparent and accountable to the people they exist to serve.
Internships are preferably based in Delhi, or in CFA’s regional offices in Bhopal (MP) and Bangalore (Kar). Internships can also be remote, with regular reporting to the team lead, or assigned person.
Principal responsibilities will include extensive desk based research and analysis, drafting updates, helping to create publications, social media posts, visit project sites (whenever possible), documentation, attending meetings and other project-specific assignments as they arise. We accept internship applications throughout the year.
The work environment nurtures interest in interdisciplinary areas of Development Finance and offers opportunities to broaden one’s interests in other applicable creative fields.
What will you get at the completion of internship?
- A better understanding and exposure to the world of development finance
- Knowledge and hands on experience to analyse project and policy documents
- Understanding about the intersectionality of finance, economy, governance, environment and society (or is people better?)
- Exposure to and knowledge of other CSOs and experts working in these fields.
- A certificate.
Eligibility Criteria: Bachelor’s degree in any field. (Students currently pursuing bachelors degree may also apply). Preference will be given to students from the social sector and/or with an education in economics/ finance.
No prior work experience is mandatory for this role. Fresh, but knowledgeable and highly motivated candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Strong research, analytical and writing skills
- Basic knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Ability to write and speak English, Hindi or any other regional language is preferred.
- The internships are not paid/ full time positions.
- Interns are expected to submit a copy of their work/report to CFA at the end and also make a presentation if required.
- CFA awards a certificate at the end of the term. Supervisor fills up any evaluation form if provided by the institution.
To Apply: Please fill the form given here and send a resume with a cover letter and samples of your writing or any other related work including when you are available for an internship, to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any query or clarification related to the internship, please feel free to reach us on email@example.com
To know more about the Centre for Financial Accountability (CFA), please visit: www.cenfa.org
CFA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of religion, caste, gender, age or sexual orientation.