Centre for Financial Accountability (CFA) is a non-profit organisation based in New Delhi. CFA engages in critical analysis, monitoring and critiquing the role of financial institutions – national and international, and their impact on development, human rights and the environment, amongst other areas. We primarily focus on India, partnering with a range of civil society groups, social movements and community groups and trying to ensure that financial institutions are transparent and accountable to the people they exist to serve. We produce information resources and policy analysis for a range of different readership – civil society, grassroots movements, general public, media houses, policy makers and parliamentarians. Our awareness programmes work towards demystifying finance through increasing public awareness and encouraging public debates about issues of financial accountability. Our outreach seeks to engage policy makers in discussion and debate, encourage the media to highlight issues of finance affecting the public, and work with civil society across India and the world, to hold the financial institutions accountable for their actions.
For more information, visit https://www.cenfa.org/
We are inviting applications for the post of Sr. Associate in the energy team, specifically working on the impact of the energy sector in India. CFA is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all eligible candidates to apply. The Job Description (JD) of the positions is as follows.
- To conduct and lead primary research as decided with the team lead
- To research, analyse, synthesise and produce briefs on policies, trends and matters of current interest pertaining to different stages of plastic lifecycle and petrochemical industries
- To support research and documentation needs of civil society organisations working on project financing
- To collect, analyse and interpret data (including financial data) and communicate them to general public after demystification
- To lead efforts / programs to enhance the capacities of civil society groups and general public on financial matters, policies and institutions pertaining to petrochemical and plastics
- To contribute to and publish newsletters, reports, blogs, articles and policy analysis/briefs regularly
- To do the outreach work
- To support the outreach work through research and data analysis
- To disseminate information through organising workshops, seminars etc
- To develop and maintain good relationships with civil society organisations, and other relevant groups
- To participate and contribute to alliance building process at local and national level
- To volunteer to causes other than finance and build linkages
- To represent CFA at appropriate forums
- Manage a small team
- Offer leadership to the area of work entrusted
- Aptitude for research and fast learner
- Ability to work with communities who have been affected by petrochem projects and their organisations
- Ability to work in a team and become a team player
- Commitment towards social change and environmental protection
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Sensitivity towards gender and caste concerns
- Self aware, driven and creative
- Qualification and Work Experience
- Minimum educational qualification: Masters in the social sciences/chemistry/biotechnology and related fields
- Relevant work experience of at least 6-7 years
The JD will undergo changes from time to time, in consultation with the employee. To apply please fill this form.
CFA has offices in Delhi, Bengaluru and Bhopal. Bengaluru will be the preferred location for this role.
The annual compensation for the positions would be around Rs. 7 Lakh per annum (CTO) including medical, PF, allowances and other benefits. Final offer will depend on education, experience and internal parity. CFA also offers medical and other leave benefits at par with other organisations in the development sector.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.