Centre for Financial Accountability (CFA) is a non-profit organisation based in New Delhi. CFA engages in critical analysis, monitoring and critiquing the role of financial institutions – national and international, and their impact on development, human rights and the environment, amongst other areas. We primarily focus on India, partnering with a range of civil society groups, social movements and community groups and trying to ensure that financial institutions are transparent and accountable to the people they exist to serve. We produce information resources and policy analysis for a range of different readership – civil society, grassroots movements, general public, media houses, policy makers and parliamentarians. Our awareness programmes work towards demystifying finance through increasing public awareness and encouraging public debates about issues of financial accountability. Our outreach seeks to engage policy makers in discussion and debate, encourage the media to highlight issues of finance affecting the public, and work with civil society across India and the world, to hold the financial institutions accountable for their actions.
For more information, visit https://www.cenfa.org/
We are inviting applications for the post of Research Assistant Data Analysis. CFA is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all eligible candidates to apply. The Job Description (JD) of the positions is as follows.
- To assist in secondary data collection (including financial data) both for updating existing databases and to build new ones as decided with the team lead
- To manage the databases and the finance data portal hosted by CFA
- To interpret, analyse, demystify and synthesise data, produce insights and document them in form of reports, briefs, trends and infographics
- To support data needs of civil society organisations working on project financing
- To help efforts / programs to enhance the capacities of civil society groups and general public on financial matters and data analytics
- To contribute to and publish newsletters, reports, blogs, articles and reports regularly
- To support the outreach work through research and data analysis
- To disseminate information in workshops, seminars etc
- To help in developing and maintaining good relationships with civil society organisations, and other relevant groups
- To participate and contribute to alliance building process at local and national level
- To volunteer to causes other than finance and build linkages
- To represent CFA at appropriate forums
- Aptitude for research and fast learner
- Ability to see the bigger picture and at the same time focus on minute details
- Ability to work as an individual contributor and in a team, and become a team player
- Commitment towards social change and environmental protection
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Sensitivity towards gender and caste concerns
- Self aware, driven and creative
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters with experience in research and analysis.
The JD will undergo changes from time to time, in consultation with the employee.
CFA is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage all eligible candidates especially women to apply.
For candidates based outside Delhi/ Bhopal/Bengaluru, remote working can be considered. To apply please fill this form. Last day for application is April 26, 2023.
Selected candidates will be competitive and commensurate with experience. CFA offers medical and other leave benefits at par with other organisations in the development sector.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.