Centre for Financial Accountability (CFA) is a non-profit organization based in New Delhi. CFA engages in critical analysis, monitoring and critiquing the role of financial institutions – national and international, and their impact on development, human rights and the environment, amongst other areas. We primarily focus on India, partnering with a range of civil society groups, social movements and community groups and trying to ensure that financial institutions are transparent and accountable to the people they exist to serve. We produce information resources and policy analysis for a range of different readership – civil society, grassroots movements, general public, media houses, policy makers and parliamentarians. Our awareness programmes work towards demystifying finance through increasing public awareness and encouraging public debates about issues of financial accountability. Our outreach seeks to engage policy makers in discussion and debate, encourage the media to highlight issues of finance affecting the public, and work with civil society across India and the world, to hold the financial institutions accountable for their actions.
For more information, visit https://www.cenfa.org/
We are inviting applications for the post of Research Associate/Assistant in the energy team specifically working on the petrochem landscape in India. CFA is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all eligible candidates to apply. The Job Description (JD) of the positions is as follows.
- To assist in conducting primary research as decided with the research coordinator
- To research, analyse, synthesise and produce briefs on policies, trends and matters of current interest pertaining to different stages of plastic lifecycle and petrochemical industries
- To support research and documentation needs of civil society organisations working on project financing
- To help collect, analyse and interpret data (including financial data) and communicate them to general public after demystification
- To help efforts / programs to enhance the capacities of civil society groups and general public on financial matters, policies and institutions pertaining to plastics
- To contribute to and publish newsletters, reports, blogs, articles and policy analysis / briefs regularly
- To support the outreach work through research and data analysis
- To disseminate information through organising workshops, seminars etc
- To help in developing and maintaining good relationships with civil society organisations, and other relevant groups.
- To participate and contribute to alliance building process at local and national level
- To volunteer to causes other than finance and build linkages
- To represent CFA at appropriate forums.
- Expected qualities
- Aptitude for research and fast learner
- Ability to work with communities who have been affected by petrochem projects and their organisations
- Ability to work in a team and become a team player
- Commitment towards social change and environmental protection
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Sensitivity towards gender and caste concerns
- Self aware, driven and creative
The JD will undergo changes from time to time, in consultation with the employee. To apply please send your CV, cover letter and two recent writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and also fill in this form.
The compensation for the positions would be around Rs. 5 Lakh per annum (CTO) including medical, PF, allowances and other benefits. Final offer will depend on education, experience and internal parity. CFA also offers medical and other leave benefits at par with other organisations in the development sector.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Centre for Financial Accountability is now on Telegram. Click here to join our Telegram channel and stay tuned to the latest updates and insights on the economy and finance.