Job Title: Media & Communications Assistant / Associate
Position: Full Time
Location: New Delhi
Work Experience: Minimum 2-3 years. Fresh, but knowledgeable and highly motivated candidates are also encouraged to apply.
Salary: Commensurate to experience and knowledge.
Last date: Open until filled.
About CFA: Centre for Financial Accountability (CFA) engages in critical analysis, monitoring and critique of the role of financial institutions – national and international, and their impact on development, human rights and the environment, amongst other areas. CFA’s primarily focuses on India, partnering with a range of civil society groups, social movements, and community groups and trying to ensure that financial institutions are transparent and accountable to the people they exist to serve.
CFA is looking for a Media and Communications Assistant / Associate to join its Energy Team. The candidate would be working particularly on energy issues.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for publication of leaflets, booklets, banners, posters and other such materials as and when required.
- Oversight of production of publication and if required, liasioning with the printers.
- Basic designing (knowledge of Photoshop and Corel Draw/InDesign or similar)
- Publish newsletters and other periodicals of the organisation.
- Draft press statements.
- Making features on different issues/struggles and feeding to regional papers/publications.
- Keep watch on the media coverage of the issues of research interest to the organisation & and share it with concerned people/platforms.
- Maintain a database of media organisations / journalists – print, web, visual and build professional relations with them.
- Assist in building strategic relationships with key people, journalists, and organisations.
Website & Social Media
- Websites and social media regular update and development for increased visibility
Workshops / Fellowships
- Plan and design workshop for media persons
- Manage the Smitu Kothari Writing Fellowship.
Interested candidates should send their CV to email@example.com, with the position name in the subject line. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To know more about the Centre for Financial Accountability (CFA), please visit: www.cenfa.org
CFA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity within its members. Women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.